On Jan 24 – Jan26 we had a very successful W3C DNT meeting with approx 40 attendants at the European Commissions headquarters in Brussels:
- The meeting has been kicked off by by John Leibowitz (chairman of the US Federal Trade Commission; transcript)
- Dr. Carl-Christian Buhr from the cabinet of Neelie Kroes introduced the EU perspective and brought this video message on Do Not Track from Neelie Kroes
- The Art 29 group formally send Rob van Eijk as their delegate to our team
- Members from the FTC as well as the EC attended large portions of the meeting.
- We achieved wide attendance including (but not limited to) Adobe, Apple, CDT, Google, Microsoft, Mozilla, NAI, Opera, Paypal, W3C, and Yahoo.
We made substantial progress, have discussed and assigned all open issues (and closed many), and are now working on creating the corresponding text.
We were impressed by the wide coverage and the open and collaborative atmosphere that allowed us to achieve this progress.
More information can be found at the W3C Blog.